Tuesday, January 4, 2022

How I created my custom Blade Runner minifigures


I really loved the Ridley Scott Blade Runner movie, so acquiring and building a MOC of the police spinner was a no-brainer.  It's too bad nobody created any Rick Deckard and Gaff minifigures because I would have bought them in a heartbeat. 

I decided to create them myself using pieces from my other minifigures.  For Gaff, I started out looking for a torso with a bow tie on it.  There's actually not that many that I had in my minifigure collection, so I had to use this black jacket with red bow tie and cumberbund combination.  For the hat and trenchcoat, I used them from my Spiderman Noir minifigure.  The head is from a Tony Stark/Iron man minifigure. To complete the look I gave Gaff a cane like he had in the movie.

For Deckard, I started with a torso and legs from a Breaking Bad minifigure, that of the lawyer.  I needed a torso with a brown jacket and tie.  For the head, I used one of the faces from a stormtrooper minifigure.  I found a hairpiece that looked accurate from my minifigure parts stash.  The only piece I didn't have was a brown trenchcoat for Deckard, but after a lot of searching I found a store on Aliexpress that had it.  I probably paid too much for that flimsy piece of material but in the end, I'm pleased with how my blade runner minifigures turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment